- Please bring your insurance card, your completed questionnaire and photo ID. For patients under age 18, a parent or legal guardian MUST accompany the patient.
- Take a shower or tub bath to minimize the chance of infection. Shampoo your hair.
- If you currently use an inhaler or take insulin, please bring these medications with you. It is advisable to use your inhaler the night before and the morning of the day of surgery.
- If you wear contacts, bring the case and solution with you as they may need to be removed prior to surgery.
- For arm, shoulder and leg surgery, please wear loose fitting clothes such as sweat pants or very large sleeved shirts. Wear flat shoes.
- Please leave ALL valuables at home including money, rings, and jewelry.
- You may bring a soothing CD of your choice.
- When you are awake, a family member or friend may join you in Recovery Room until your discharge. When you are alert, a nurse will give you and your family member discharge instructions on the care required at home.
- It is your responsibility to request from your doctor a work status slip at the time of surgery as well as at each post-op appointment.
- A nurse will call you the day after surgery to check on you (on Monday for a Friday surgery). If you need assistance or have a question, please call 574-266-4173 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mon. Fri. or after hours call 877-713-3731 (answering service).
Requests for pain medication refills can be made Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Friday, 8:30 a.m. to noon by calling 574-264-0791.