Gene W. Grove, MD
Anesthesiologist / Pain Management Physician
Pain management specialist Gene Grove, MD, holds a bachelor of science in pharmacy from The Ohio State University and earned his medical degree at the Medical College of Ohio in Toledo. His postgraduate training includes a medical internship and an anesthesiology/pain management residency at the University of Virginia Medical Center in Charlottesville. He served as director of pain management at Richland Memorial Hospital in South Carolina prior to joining the OSMC medical team in 1997. He is the medical director of the OSMC outpatient surgery center.
Dr. Grove is a diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners and the American Board of Anesthesia, with additional qualifications in pain management. His extensive professional memberships include the Indiana Society of Anesthesiologists, Indiana State Medical Association and Reserve Officers Association, Midwest Pain Society, American Society of Regional Anesthesia, American Society of Anesthesiology, and the American Medical Association.
Dr. Grove is on staff at Elkhart General Hospital, Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center, Memorial Hospital, and Goshen Hospital. He has served in multiple leadership roles at Elkhart General Hospital, including as chief of staff, chair of medical staff quality improvement, as well as chairman of beacon board quality improvement/clinical integration and therapeutics.
His name appears on numerous published research studies focused on advanced pain management techniques and procedures. Dr. Grove is a retired colonel in the U.S. Army Reserve. He’s an avid sports enthusiast – racquetball, tennis, volleyball, basketball, table tennis, pickleball, and golf.
- "Dr Grove is always great to talk to and addresses my questions throughly. His nurses are very nice also!"
- "Dr. Grove is friendly and professional. He answered my questions and concerns. I'm happy with his recommendations and trust his opinions."
- “Dr. Grove is the greatest, and I know he has my best interests at heart.”
- “Dr. Grove was excellent in all ways. I trust his health strategies.”
- “Dr. Grove was wonderful. I would greatly recommend him to family and friends.”
- Medical College of Ohio, Toledo, OH
- Elkhart General Hospital
- Goshen Health Hospital
- OSMC Outpatient Surgery Center, Elkhart
- Joseph Regional Medical Center
Schedule your appointment with pain management physician Dr. Gene Grove by calling OSMC at (574) 264-0791 or book an appointment now.