David J. Pope, MD
Orthopedic Hand Surgeon
- Elbow injuries & conditions
- Hand injuries & conditions
- Shoulder injuries & conditions
- Wrist injuries & conditions
Board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic hand surgeon Dr. David Pope joined OSMC in 2017. He specializes in hand and elbow surgery, sports medicine, arthroscopic surgery, and general orthopedics.
Dr. Pope earned a bachelor of arts in biology from DePauw University in Greencastle, Indiana, in 2006. He received his medical degree from Southern Illinois University School of Medicine in Springfield, Illinois, in 2011. He completed his orthopedic surgery residency training in 2016, also at SIU School of Medicine. His fellowship training in general hand and upper extremity surgery was completed at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in 2017.
He is board-certified in orthopaedic surgery by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Dr. Pope is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (FAAOS). He is also a member of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH).
- “Dr. Pope has been pleasant every time I’ve seen him. I like how I am listened to when I talk. Dr. Pope is both friendly and professional.”
- "Dr.Pope was very professional and empathetic toward my issue. He gave me all my options and was very thorough with the pros and cons. He was my wrist surgeon after a fall two years ago. He and his staff did an excellent job to repair the damage and make sure I was mobile again. In my opinion, he is the best! I would recommend him for all those who require hand and elbow care."
- Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL
- Elkhart General Hospital
- OSMC Outpatient Surgery Center, Elkhart
Schedule your appointment with orthopedic hand surgeon Dr. David Pope by calling OSMC at (574) 264-0791 or book an appointment now.