Thank you for selecting OSMC for your orthopedic, sports medicine, pain and podiatry needs. We look forward to seeing you at one of our six convenient locations, where we serve patients from Michiana, Northern Indiana, Southwest Michigan and other locations.
OSMC introduces Phreesia, a new way to check-in for appointments!
OSMC excited to announce that we’re now having patients check in digitally. Named Phreesia, mobile registration streamlines your arrival at our office by allowing you to check in using a link sent to you in an email or text message, prior to your visit. Before your appointment, you will complete your appointment check-in, paperwork, and health questionnaires right from your own device, when and where it's convenient for you.
Are you a new patient? Once you have made your initial appointment, our Phreesia digital check-in makes it possible for you to complete your medical history information and pre-register on your own time—BEFORE your appointment on your own electronic device, such as your cell phone, tablet or computer. You will spend less time in the waiting room and more time getting the care you need.
Please be sure to bring or send us any diagnostic films or other test results that may have been ordered or performed by another physician.
If your insurance requires a referral for an office visit, you should coordinate this with the referring physician before your appointment with us. Physical therapy appointments at OSMC require a referral if you plan to use insurance. Find out more about our referral policy.
You will receive everything you need to prepare for your appointment via text message or email. This means that you will be able to see what paperwork you need to complete in advance of your appointment and if we need any extra information from you to get ready. Then, you will be able to complete everything from your own device using OSMC's partner, Phreesia.
OSMC Insurance Networks found here: OSMC Insurance Networks OSMC Insurance Networks
New Patient Forms
- Medical History and Orthopedic Screen
- Consents and Authorizations
- Minor Consent Form
- Pain Questionnaire for patients of Dr. Christopher Annis, Dr. David Beatty, and Dr. Jonathan Schrock
Patient Forms – in Spanish
- Consentimientos Y Autorizaciones
- Declaración De Procedimientos De Indiana
- Declaracion De Testament
- Delegación de Autorización para el Consentimiento
- Directivas Avanzadas -Definición de directiva anticipada: término general que describe dos tipos de documentos legales, testamentos en vida y poderes notariales médicos. Estos documentos permiten a una persona dar instrucciones sobre la atención médica futura en caso de que no pueda participar en las decisiones médicas debido a una enfermedad grave o incapacidad. Cada estado regula el uso de directivas anticipadas de manera diferente. 1) Indiana tiene dos documentos legales que protegen el derecho del paciente a rechazar un tratamiento médico que no desea oa solicitar el tratamiento que sí desea en caso de que el paciente pierda la capacidad de tomar decisiones por sí mismo. Los siguientes formularios estarán disponibles en la intranet de OSMC si el paciente lo solicita: La Declaración de testamento vital de Indiana (Declaración A) B. La Declaración de Procedimientos para Prolongar la Vida de Indiana (Declaración B.) 2) En caso de que un paciente se presente al centro quirúrgico con una directiva avanzada / testamento vital, se notificará al director médico o al director de ASC. Se le informará al paciente que las órdenes DNR (No resucitar) no se cumplirán durante la visita perioperatoria. Esta conversación y la comprensión del paciente se documentarán en el.
- Historia Medica Y Exploracion Ortopedica
- Instrucciones Para El Médicos
- Reconocimiento Del Recibir La Notificación De Privacidad De OSMC
- Su Derecho a Decidir
Prescription Refills - visit the Patient Portal
Prescriptions and refills for established patients of OSMC are routinely issued Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 am – 5 pm. You can make your request by visiting our patient portal or call us at 574-264-0791.
Our team will make sure that your request is addressed within 2 business days.
No refills are issued during the evenings, weekends, or holidays, as the doctors do not have access to your medical records during those times. It is helpful to anticipate your refill needs to avoid an interruption in your medication therapy.
Medical Records Request
FAQs about requesting medical records:
Q: I need medical records, what do I do?
A: To request copies of your medical records please fill out a medical records release form. This form must be completed and signed by the patient, legal guardian, or healthcare Power of Attorney (if completed by the POA then we must have documentation) Completed forms can be emailed, faxed, mailed, or dropped off at any OSMC location.
For any questions or any urgent medical records request please call: (574) 970-4468.
2310 California Rd.
Elkhart, IN 46514
Tel: (574) 970-4468 Fax: (574) 262-5183
Q: My form or records were emailed to me, but I am not seeing anything from you in my inbox. What do I do?
A: Please check your spam folder first. Private health information (PHI) is sent through secure e-mail. You will need to register and validate your email address first, once registered please follow the instructions provided in the email to access your medical records.
Family Medical Leave Act (FLMA) & Disability Forms
Questions about work FMLA / Disability Forms
Q: How do I submit a form or request?
A: For forms related to a work leave, such as FMLA, disability, or for a work accommodation, please email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 574-262-9650.
Q: How long should I expect for my request to be fulfilled?
A: We process forms in the order received and will be processed within 7-10 business days once authorization and payment are received. Please note that incomplete forms will delay the completion process.
Q: How do I receive my completed form?
A: When you request your form, you specify where it should be sent and if it should be faxed, emailed, mailed, or picked up.
Q: Still have more questions?
A: Please call the FMLA / Disability dept at: (574) 264-0791, ext. 4399.
At OSMC, we accept workers’ compensation, Medicare, and most major insurance plans. Please contact your insurance company or you may call our office at (574) 264-4163 to find out if we accept your plan.
If your insurance plan requires you to pay a co-payment, co-insurance, and/or a deductible, you will need to pay at the time of your visit. For your convenience we accept cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Care Credit.
If you have a question related to your bill or insurance, please contact our billing specialists at (574) 266-4163
Please visit the billing information page specific to the Surgery Centers (ASC Surgical Ventures, LLC) if you have questions about surgical or procedure charges.
Our Policies. Our Estimate Information.
- No-Show Policy
- Grievance Policy
- Patient’s Rights
- Patient Responsibilities
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Nondiscrimination Notice
- Good Faith Estimates Uninsured
- Good Faith Estimates Health Plans
- No Surprises Billing Rights and Protections
- OSMC's Machine Readable Files (MRF's) - The link above leads to machine readable files specfically for researchers, regulators and other vendors who analyze data.
- Covid-19 Precautions
Definition of Advance Directive – A general term that describes two kinds of legal documents, living wills and medical powers of attorney. These documents allow a person to give instructions about future medical care should he or she be unable to participate in medical decisions due to serious illness or incapacity. Each state regulates the use of advance directives differently.
- Indiana Do Not Resuscitate (DNR)
- Indiana Life-Prolonging Procedures Declaration
- Indiana Living Will Declaration
- Indiana Physician Orders for Scope of Treatment (Post)
In the event a patient appears at the surgery center with an advanced directive or living will, the medical director or the ASC director will be notified.
The OSMC Outpatient Surgery Center will not follow your Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) order or other advanced directives while you are a patient here. You will be treated if a complication occurs. OSMC Outpatient Surgery Center will respect your choice of a person to receive information and make decisions for you if you cannot.
Information & Articles
Check out the OSMC blog for informative articles.
Cast Care Instructions
If you have been fitted with a waterproof cast, check out this brochure for some tips! 3M Scotchcast Wet or Dry Casts Patient Information
Please note: It may take a few minutes to load the forms if you are using a slow internet connection. If you are unable to view the forms, you may need to download Adobe Acrobat for free by clicking on the icon below.