Joseph M. Caldwell, MD
Orthopedic Spine Surgeon
- Back injuries & conditions – especially degenerative spinal conditions
- Neck injuries & conditions
- Work injury care
Board-certified and fellowship-trained, orthopedic back and spine surgeon Dr. Joe Caldwell joined OSMC in 2012.
Dr. Caldwell attended Grand Valley State University in Allendale, Michigan, where he obtained his bachelor of science in biomedical sciences in 2002. Dr. Caldwell received his medical degree from Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit, Michigan, in 2006. He completed his residency training in orthopedic surgery at Akron General Medical Center in Ohio in 2011, and a spine surgery fellowship at the Rocky Mountain Spine Clinic in Lone Tree, Colorado, in 2012.
Dr. Caldwell is board-certified in orthopedic surgery by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. As an orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Caldwell is proud to be able to provide relief for patients with disabling spine issues – often after just a simple outpatient procedure.
Dr. Caldwell is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) and the North American Spine Society (NASS).
When he's not working, Dr. Caldwell enjoys hunting, fishing, camping, and boating with his wife and two sons.
- “Thanks to Dr. Caldwell for diagnosing and taking care of my problem so quickly!”
- "Dr. Caldwell is a great, straightforward doctor."
- "Dr. Caldwell is amazing! He listens and always asks if I have any questions."
- Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI
- Elkhart General Hospital
- Goshen Health Hospital
- OSMC Outpatient Surgery Center, Elkhart
Schedule your appointment with orthopedic spine surgeon Dr. Joe Caldwell by calling OSMC at (574) 264-0791 or book an appointment now.