Ryan P. Foreman, MD
Sports Medicine Physician
- Concussion care
- Back injuries & conditions
- Elbow injuries & conditions
- Hip injuries & conditions
- Knee injuries & conditions
- Neck injuries & conditions
- Shoulder injuries & conditions
- Sports medicine
- Work injury care
Musculoskeletal specialist Ryan Foreman, MD, joined the OSMC medical team in 2014 after completing a postgraduate sports medicine fellowship at the University of Notre Dame. He holds a BA in chemistry from Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana, where he was the Excellence in Leadership scholarship winner. He earned his medical degree from Indiana University School of Medicine in 2010 and he completed his residency in family medicine at Memorial Hospital in South Bend.
At OSMC, he helps return patients of all ages return to the activities they love. This includes getting toddlers back to the playground, collegiate athletes back to the game, adults back to work, and grandparents back to their hobbies. Dr. Foreman is especially adept at helping patients for whom other treatment methods have failed.
Dr. Foreman’s passion for sports medicine is evidenced by his extensive work as a volunteer with an array of athletic programs, including women’s and men’s rugby at Notre Dame, the Bengal Bouts (Notre Dame’s men’s boxing club) and the Baraka Bouts (Notre Dame’s women’s boxing club). In 2011, he served at the USA Weightlifting National Championships in Council Bluffs, Iowa. In 2012, he went to Lviv, Ukraine, to work with the IWF-World Masters Weightlifting Championships. Dr. Foreman now serves as the team physician for Elkhart High School, where he can be seen on the sidelines at every home football game.
Dr. Foreman is board certified by the American Board of Family Medicine with a Certificate of Added Qualification in Sports Medicine. He is a member of the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine and the American College of Sports Medicine.
When he's not working, Dr. Foreman and his wife, Evelina, have two children who keep them very busy. He is also an avid Indianapolis Colts fan.
- "Dr. Foreman listen to my aliments and gave his suggestion to help with my pain. I will definitely be back."
- “This was my first visit with Dr. Foreman. He was very professional and courteous.”
- "Dr. Foreman is attentive and pragmatic. I appreciate his care."
- "My husband and I have seen Dr. Foreman a number of times for a number of problems, and every time, he is absolutely the best."
Blog - Articles for Patients:
- Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
- Elkhart General Hospital
- OSMC Outpatient Surgery Center, Elkhart
Schedule your appointment with sports medicine physician Dr. Ryan Foreman by calling OSMC at (574) 264-0791 or book an appointment now.