Willis W. Stevenson, MD
Orthopedic Sports Medicine Surgeon
- Joint replacement
- Knee injuries & conditions
- Shoulder injuries & conditions
- Sports medicine
- Work injury care
- Robotic joint replacement
Willis Stevenson, MD, joined OSMC in 2007 after completing his fellowship in sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery at the University of Kentucky in Lexington. During his fellowship, Dr. Stevenson worked as a team physician for the NCAA Division-I athletes at the University of Kentucky and Eastern Kentucky University. He has presented extensively on topics related to state-of-the-art arthroscopic knee and shoulder surgery, and wrote a book chapter for the text Current Concepts in ACL Reconstruction.
The son of a welder, Dr. Stevenson grew up in a small blue-collar town in rural Pennsylvania. Early on, he learned the value of working with his hands, mastering a skill, and making a difference. He attended Penn State University where he obtained his undergraduate degree in biology with a minor in psychology. He went on to pursue his medical degree at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine where he received the 2001 Outstanding Student Award, graduated cum laude, and matriculated at the top of his class. He was honored with an early induction into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society during his junior year. After graduation from medical school, he completed his orthopedic surgery residency at Akron General Medical Center in Ohio where he served as chief resident and received several research awards from the Clinical Orthopaedic Society and the Mid-America Orthopaedic Association.
Dr. Stevenson is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and has demonstrated his dedication to caring for athletes by obtaining an additional Subspecialty Certification in Orthopedic Sports Medicine from the ABOS. He has been an active member of numerous medical organizations, including the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the Arthroscopy Association of North America, the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, and the Christian Medical & Dental Association.
His areas of specialized expertise include advanced arthroscopic surgery, sports medicine, ACL surgery, rotator cuff repair, shoulder and knee reconstruction, and work-related injuries. Dr. Stevenson cares for many athletes and workers throughout the Michiana area. From the sidelines of our local high schools to factory floors, Dr. Stevenson is passionate about serving his patients and the community. He remains committed to educating his patients, giving compassionate counsel, and providing meticulous surgical care.
Beyond his medical practice, Dr. Stevenson is devoted to his faith and family. He is an avid outdoor and sports enthusiast who enjoys archery, hunting, hiking, biking, and photography.
- "My health is better by going to OSMC and seeing Dr. Stevenson. Excellent service and personal attention!"
- "Dr. Stevenson was very thorough and answered my questions expertly. I left feeling complete confidence in his care."
- "For over 30 years I have worked in a fast-paced and physically demanding environment building RV’s.I initially experienced discomfort in my shoulder which quickly increased to pain severe enough that it disrupted my sleep and I had difficulty raising my arm. I was sent to Dr. Stevenson at OSMC. He clearly explained what was wrong and how it could be fixed through surgery on my rotator cuff. I am so grateful that Dr. Stevenson was my surgeon. He and his staff were phenomenal! Thanks to the great job he did repairing my rotator cuff, I am now 100% pain free and functioning normal. I honestly did not think that would ever be a possibility for me. I expected to always live with some pain and limitation. His staff and the physical therapists were great to work with. They treated me with respect, kindness, and professionalism. Today I feel like a new man. I am so thankful to have complete mobility and strength in my shoulder. I would recommend OSMC to my friends and family. The staff was welcoming and knowledgeable, and I am grateful to once again have quality of life without physical limitations. I can’t thank Dr. Stevenson enough for the great job he did." - Eliseo Roa
- Roger Benko, a long time patient and community leader, shares his experience with OSMC. He reviews his treatment and friendships built through trust, with Dr. Robert Ellis (retired), Dr. Louis Sfreddo (retired), and Dr. Will Stevenson. Roger Benko Testimonial Video 1 - Click Here
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA
- Elkhart General Hospital
- Goshen Health Hospital
- OSMC Outpatient Surgery Center, Elkhart
Schedule your appointment with orthopedic sports medicine surgeon Dr. Willis Stevenson by calling OSMC at (574) 264-0791 or book an appointment now.