Scott J. Trumble, MD
Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgeon
Board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon Dr. Scott Trumble joined OSMC in 2000.
Dr. Trumble received a bachelor of science in biology and athletic training at Hope College in Holland, Michigan, in 1990. He earned his medical degree from Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan, in 1994. He went on to complete his orthopedic surgery residency training at the Wayne State University hospital in 1994, followed by fellowship training in foot and ankle surgery at the Portland Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Center in South Portland, Maine.
Dr. Trumble is board-certified in orthopaedic surgery by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
He keeps abreast of the latest techniques and findings in the field through participation in a number of professional organizations such as the American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society (AOFAS).
- Dr. Trumble reworked my old ankle injury and I’m back to my old active self. I’ve had two experiences at OSMC and they both went better than I ever expected. First, I had hip replacement surgery. That great outcome encouraged me to address my ankle and an old injury causing me trouble. I just had to do something to relieve the pain. Dr. Trumble was the surgeon I picked to fix my ankle. With my engineering background and natural curiosity, I had many questions for him regarding how the bones were going to be fixed. Dr. Trumble took the time to answer all my detailed inquiries and he made sure I was well informed and at ease. The doctor also led me to online animations and other information that could explain the surgery process. I felt supported every step of the way by Dr. Trumble and the members of his care team. I’d highly recommend the Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Center to anyone. --Michael Sommer, October 2020
- “Dr. Trumble is an excellent physician.”
- “Dr. Trumble is humble, quiet, and kind. He’s also a great surgeon. I liked his advice, explanations, and reassurance, for sure.”
- “Dr. Trumble is a great doctor who knows what he’s doing.”
- “Dr. Trumble is the best – I recommend him to everyone.”
- Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI
- Elkhart General Hospital
- Goshen Health Hospital
- OSMC Outpatient Surgery Center, Elkhart
Schedule your appointment with orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon Dr. Scott Trumble by calling OSMC at (574) 264-0791 or book an appointment now.