Jason J. Hix, MD
Sports Medicine Physician
- Back injuries & conditions
- Concussion care
- Elbow injuries & conditions
- Hip injuries & conditions
- Knee injuries & conditions
- Neck injuries & conditions
- Shoulder injuries & conditions
- Sports medicine
- Work injury care
Double board-certified sports medicine physician Dr. Jason Hix joined OSMC in 2004. Keeping his patients active is Dr. Hix's No. 1 priority – whether you are an athlete, assembly line worker, or home gardener.
He obtained a bachelor of science in biology at the University of Tulsa, where he also served as captain of the tennis team. He then earned his medical degree from the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine in Oklahoma City in 2000. He then completed his family medicine residency training at Memorial Hospital in South Bend, Indiana, in 2003 – followed by sports medicine fellowship training at Ball Memorial Hospital in Muncie, Indiana, in 2004.
Dr. Hix is board-certified in both sports medicine and family medicine by the American Board of Family Medicine.
He is an active member of many noteworthy professional organizations in his field, such as the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (ASMSSM), American Medical Association (AMA), and the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP).
When he's not working, Dr. Hix plays adult-league hockey. He is most proud of being voted Best Dad by Megan, Jacob, and Oliver.
- "From check on to check out I had a very good experience during my visit. Saw Dr Hix for left knee pain and swelling. He was very understanding, informed me of options to think about at this point. Nursing staff easy to talk to, all had smiles to give. I had my right knee replaced on 2010, still going! Would highly recommend OSMC Elkhart."
- “I would recommend Dr. Hix and his staff to everyone!”
- “Dr. Hix was very respectful to my 92-year-old mother. He engaged with her directly and effectively.”
- “Dr. Hix is so patient and kind. He answered all my questions and concerns. He included me in all decisions about my healthcare. He is the best!”
- University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Oklahoma City, OK
- Elkhart General Hospital
- OSMC Outpatient Surgery Center, Elkhart
Schedule your appointment with sports medicine physician Dr. Jason Hix by calling OSMC at (574) 264-0791 or book an appointment now.