Jeffrey R. Sonntag, DO
Orthopedic Shoulder and Elbow Surgeon
Orthopedic shoulder and elbow surgeon Dr. Jeffrey Sonntag joined OSMC in 2018.
Dr. Sonntag attended Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan, where he obtained a bachelor of science in physiology in 2007. While an undergraduate student, he had the opportunity to participate in a Study Abroad program at the University of London in the UK. While there, he studied the ethical issues that arose in the allocation of resources for the British National Health Service, compared to the U.S. healthcare model.
Dr. Sonntag earned his medical degree from MSU’s College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2012. He then completed his orthopedic residency training in 2017 at McLaren Macomb Hospital in Mount Clemens, Michigan. He followed that with additional training in the form of a shoulder and elbow fellowship under Michael Wirth, MD, and Stephen Burkhart, MD, at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, Texas, in 2018.
Dr. Sonntag is eligible for board certification by the American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery.
Dr. Sonntag has served as a clinical instructor at the Department of Osteopathic Surgical Specialties at MSU’s College of Osteopathic Medicine since 2012.
- "Dear Dr. Sonntag, This is just a note of thanks for your great help and surgery for my hip replacement. I am amazed at how well the new hip has done. Recover and therapy has gone well! You made me feel so at ease and I would highly recommend you and everyone at OSMC." - Carol O.
- “Dr. Sonntag spent lots of time with me. He is very personable, and he certainly knows what he is talking about.”
- "He is very thoughtful and considerate of my needs.
- Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, East Lansing, MI
- OSMC Outpatient Surgery Center, Elkhart
Schedule your appointment with orthopedic shoulder and elbow surgeon Dr. Jeffrey Sonntag by calling OSMC at (574) 264-0791 or book an appointment now.