Work Injury Care
Our Work Comp' Rapid Response Team is 'ON IT' to help your injured employee!
All OSMC providers specialize in workers’ comp injuries. We deliver the orthopedic and work injury care needed to help employees heal properly after a workplace injury so they can get back to the job faster.
Our work injury care includes
- Service. Service from our Rapid Response Team who will arrange an immediate visit for your employee and help you keep track of all the details.
- Communication. Timely status reports and regular contact with you, your adjusters and case managers.
- Cost Effectiveness. Treatment for your employees at the appropriate level, helping you to contain costs.
- Convenience. With six area OSMC locations, it's easy to get quick care for your employee. The Rapid Response Team will arrange same-day appointments at any of our offices.
- Care. Comprehensive care of work-related injuries ranging from simple lacerations to repetitive-use conditions and complex, traumatic injuries. Work rehabilitation designed to incorporate work simulation activities and general conditioning that can facilitate a rapid return to work. Plus, you'll find fully equipped physical and hand therapy departments staffed with work-related injury specialists.
OSMC Specialists for Work Injuries
By calling and arranging to work with us, the OSMC program can provide immediate referrals to board-certified, experienced physicians, who will provide your employee with a quick evaluation and treatment of a work-related injury.
Our multidisciplinary team works closely with your employee... plus, case managers, employers, adjustors, and referring physicians to provide tailored work-related injury care. OSMC balances both patient care and your expectations as an employer to create a pro-active return to work plan.
Care begins with an initial physician consultation and may include a course of treatment, including physical therapy, medication, and bracing or other durable medical equipment as needed. Treatment plans focus on the injured employee achieving maximum medical improvement (MMI) as safely and quickly as possible.
Contact us. The Rapid Response Team is ready.
When we hear from you... we're on it!
Call us direct at (574) 970-4465.
We have six convenient locations, where we serve patients from Michiana, Northern Indiana, and the Southwestern Michigan area.
Post-Operative Work Restriction Guidelines
The following is a list of common orthopedic procedures used to treat on-the-job injuries. Please click on the English or Spanish version to review the appropriate post-op work restrictions. These are guidelines only and actual restrictions may vary, depending on a patient’s particular circumstances.
- Achilles Tendon Repair (English – Spanish)
- ACL Reconstruction (English – Spanish)
- C-Spine — Anterior Cervical Discectomy — Fusion (English – Spanish)
- Carpal Tunnel Release (English – Spanish)
- de Quervain’s Release (English – Spanish)
- Epicondyle Debridement (English – Spanish)
- Extensor Tendon Laceration Repair (English – Spanish)
- Flexor Tendon Repair (English – Spanish)
- Knee Arthroscopy Meniscal Tear (English – Spanish)
- L-Spine — Lumbar Discectomy (English – Spanish)
- Labral Tear Repair (English – Spanish)
- Ligament Reconstruction Tendon Imposition (LRTI) (English – Spanish)
- Rotator Cuff Surgery (English – Spanish)
- Shoulder Impingement/Subacromial Decompression (English – Spanish)
- Shoulder Instability Repair (English– Spanish)
- Surgical Fixation of Ankle Fracture (English – Spanish)
- Surgical Fixation of Calcaneous Fracture (English – Spanish)
- Surgical Fixation of Distal Radius Fracture (English – Spanish)
- Surgical Fixation of Lis Franc Fracture (English – Spanish)
- Surgical Fixation of Tibial Plateau Fracture (English – Spanish)
- TFCC Debridement (English – Spanish)
- TFCC Repair (English – Spanish)
- Trigger Finger Release (English – Spanish)