David A. Beatty, MD
Anesthesiologist / Pain Management Physician
Dr. Beatty joined OSMC as an anesthesia and pain management specialist in 1998. He holds a BS in biology from the University of California, Irvine, and earned his medical degree at Tulane University School of Medicine. He interned in internal medicine at the Los Angeles County University of Southern California and completed his residency in anesthesiology at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville with specialty training in pain management.
Dr. Beatty is board certified by the American Board of Anesthesia, the American Board of Pain Management, and the National Board of Medical Examiners. He is a member of the American Society of Regional Anesthesia, the American Medical Association, the International Spine Injection Society, the American Society of Anesthesiology, and the International Anesthesia Research Society. His research background includes work performed for the FDA related to the study of drugs now approved for the treatment of cancer pain.
Dr. Beatty previously served in the U.S. Navy. He was a member of the Fleet Surgical Team on the USS Tripoli and embarked with the 9th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU). When he's not working, Dr. Beatty has performed as a singer and keyboard player for local band Delusions of Granger for the past 15 years.
- “I’ve been seeing Dr. Beatty for 20+ years, never a bad experience!”
- “All of my nurses and Dr. Beatty have been nothing but good to me. I would never go anywhere else.”
- “Dr. Beatty is a great doctor who actually talks to you instead of just looking at the computer and asking questions.”
- "We love Dr. Beatty. It's always fun talking to him; he makes the visit very personable."
- Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
- Elkhart General Hospital
- OSMC Outpatient Surgery Center, Elkhart
- Joseph Regional Medical Center
Schedule your appointment with pain management physician Dr. David Beatty by calling OSMC at (574) 264-0791 or book an appointment now.