mymobility™ Mobile App for Support After Knee Replacement
The ‘mymobility’ App for Smartphones better connects you and your OSMC surgeon and care team!
Introducing mymobility™, the mobile application designed to help you prepare for knee replacement surgery. The app for joint replacement surgery support provides you a constant connection to your care team and showing you reminders and tips to aid you in your preparation, personal care and recovery process.
The mymobility mobile application, by ZimmerBiomet , uses iPhone® and Apple Watch®, or Android mobile devices. Patients with Android phones can use the phone app for selection of the features, as well, but a few of the extra functions that the Apple Watch supports are unavailable.
The app allows you to connect with your surgeon and care team through your Android, iPhone®and Apple Watch® before and after surgery. And, you’ll receive convenient reminders for tasks to be completed and encouragement throughout every stage of the process.
About the mymobility application
How it works
The knee app contains personalized care plans to connect patients with your surgeon and health practitioners before and after a total knee replacement. The patient is provided educational content and questionnaires right within the application.
The Apple Watch® and iPhone can be used as a personal monitor. Through its biometric sensors your care team is able to use information such as activity level, heart rate, and movements to observe your progress.
What to expect with the mymobility app
After the initial consultation with your OSMC surgeon, your individualized activities and measurements are accessible inside the app. This content is specific to where you are in your total joint journey. Information may include simplified explanations of the current phase of care and patient-reported outcome surveys which track your progress.
Reminder notifications for the day’s activities and to-do lists on the phone app and Apple Watch are designed to provide an intuitive, straightforward user experience.
Benefits of mymobility app
- You can optimize your recovery from surgery with the optional cutting-edge wearable technology of the Apple Watch.
- The app guides you throughout the entire process.
- You’ll have easy access to personalized information and resources.
- You may ease anxiety as you approach surgery by knowing what to expect and receiving timely reminders
- You will stay engaged and in-the-know in your recovery with the Phone App and/or Apple Watch.
- Steps are provided for you to help minimize complications after surgery and work toward regaining mobility
- The app will automatically send biometric data to keep OSMC up to date with your rehab.
- To-do lists are provided to let you know which activities have been assigned to you each day, and you will receive notifications periodically reminding you of the remaining items. Your progress will be tracked.
- Photos may also be shared, such as a quick snapshot of your surgical incision site for healing assessment by your surgeon and care team.
- The team will receive progress reports and be able to monitor your progress remotely through the use of a clinician dashboard.
The OSMC Team will get you started with the mymobility app.
Prior to your surgery, your OSMC care team will prepare a plan, introduce you to the app and discuss your surgery and recovery details with you. You will need to provide your care team with a working email address and cell phone number in order for them to assist you with getting started in the mymobility program.
Apple Watch Fulfillment Program
The program includes the use of an Apple Watch® which is provided to the patient free of charge for participating in the program. The watch is to be returned at the end of the program, but may be purchased at a substantially discounted price for your future use. Please Note: The use of the Apple watch is only applicable to patients with an iPhone. The watch is not compatible with Android phones.
Ask your OSMC care team about this great app opportunity.
Want to know more?
View a video regarding the mymobility app.